Monday, August 5, 2013

Investigators, Church, and The Atonement

This week has been a week of amazing things! We received three new investigators! It is so amazing. This work really is hastening. I have learned a lot about Sister Theurer she and I are a lot alike! It is so awesome. We have been able to help each other and strengthen each other. I love this work so much. I am so excited to continue to work with her and help her.
 We had a miracle dinner with a less-active in our ward. She previously was really mean to me and Sister Patten when we were here and then when Sister Silva and I visited her last transfer she invited us over for dinner the next time that we were in the area. Sister Theurer and I took her up on that offer on Thursday and sat down with her. She was so nice and so open and we were able to share a message with her.
 The lesson in Relief Society yesterday really struck a cord with me. It all started in Gospel Principles when Elder Canova (zone leader) shared that we often look at ourselves as not being good enough or just looking down on ourselves. That is so true. I am so much like that. Then in Relief Society Sister Hurlburt gave a lesson on ‘Seeing Others Not as They Are but as They Can Become.’ It really did help me. Sister Theurer and I got to bear our testimony of missionary work and seeing others as they can become and the entire time I just thought about how far I have come and how much further I have to go. Heavenly Father loves us even when we do not love ourselves. Heavenly Father is so aware of us.
 During my studies I have been focusing on the power of the Atonement. I cannot write all of the things that I have discovered but some of my thoughts flow towards the thoughts behind the act itself. Christ came to Earth knowing that He would die. He came here on a conscious of dying so young. Yet, He continued to come, continued to teach knowing full well that his teaching would be the cause of his death. I am so grateful for my Savior being so kind to give his life for me. I am so grateful for all that He did for me.

No comments: