Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Doctor's appointment

I had a doctors appointment at the Ob-gyn at 2:45. We made it to the clinic at 2:30, unfortunately it was the wrong one and my dad had already left. My mom figured that since I am 18 I can go by myself, it didn't matter that this was the first time and I was completely terrified.
A nice guy named David, the greeter at the receiving hospital, walked me over to the Old Hutzel hospital where a woman said that it was at. I had to walk to the Kresge Eye Institute where it really was. It was a good thing that it was only a minute from there. I got to the ob-gyn at 3:00. They said that they would still see me. I was seen at 4:00 to my dismay by a guy doctor. He saw that I was afraid because it was my first time and because he was a guy. He gave me a paper saying what he will do, told me that he will tell me everything he is doing, and that it will take less than 2 minutes. He made me feel better by asking me questions while he was doing the pap smear. He told me that I have an infection due to using scented soap and gave me a cream to use. He then told me that I will have to have some blood drawn and sent me over to the lab.
Well I didn't get my blood drawn until 6:00. I was in their waiting room from 4:30 until 6:00 and it only took them a minute to draw my blood. The bad part was that she did it wrong and I bled for at least 3 minutes afterwards. It was like someone cut me. Finally I went home.

1 comment:

beth said...

Oh Yuck! At least it's over now. The first time is always the worst. Sounds like you had a nice doc, which is very fortunate.