Friday, March 27, 2009

Hello Goodbye

I wrote this poem yesterday night. I don't know what it means to me. I guess I just felt a little poetic. I really love the imagery. Tell me what you think. Be brutally honest.

There are days when I don't think I am pretty
Are there days when I think I am pretty?
There are times when I hate myself
Do I love myself?
I cry forever like a whining cat that's left in the pitch black, rainy and thundering, mother
nature hates you, outside
I am depressed like an over worked, unloved, unappreciated wife and mother of six
Or a single mother that stalkingly watches the car leave her driveway carrying her eighteen year old son packed tight between all his belongings wearing a Brigham Young university pride on his face
Teary eyed because it will be four long years before they see each other again
Acknowledging the brown dead like tree that has never born any fruit in its two hundred years
But I know that if it isn't here tomorrow I will be devastated beyond repair
Damaged so deep I wouldn't breathe
Oxygen deprived I will die
Or at least have a tear stained pillow on my naked bed
All alone I will follow the bright colorless stars at night...maybe
What will I do?
What can I do?
Live like a forty year old woman fighting breast cancer, chemotherapy, bald head, skinny and all

1 comment:

Orme Family said...

Wow. Your words always leave me speechless. This poem is so visual and leaves me wanting to know more. There are parts that I am truly confused about, and other parts that I feel I completely understand what you are saying. Diamond, I feel like I am running out of time to get to know you. We need to hang out again SOON! Love ya!!!
P.S. You are beautiful. But mostly when you smile, so I hope to see your smile more and more.