Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's official

I am officially on my way to Southern Virginia university!

I yesterday I received the acceptance letter in the mail and was thrilled. However, I was a bit terrified because it is for the fall semester and I was unsure as to how I am going to pay for it. Then I got the surprise of my life! I called them today to see what I had to do to have the semester switched over to Spring (January) because I wouldn't be ready to go in August. The guy asked why and I said financially I am unable. Then he asked had I seen my financial aid report and I said no. He rattled off all of these grants, loans, and scholarships. Pell Grant for 5,600, academic scholarships for 4,000, a scholarship for books 800, and 3 loans for 13,000 ( and only one that comes with taxes and I can choose to pay as I go or defer it to later). They are also going to help me get down there.

I just might be able to go in August. I just have to pay the $250 registration fee and that goes to the housing fee instead of paying another $250. I also have to buy the things I need for the dorm.

I am so excited and scared at the same time. However, I know that if Heavenly Father wants me there in August that is where I am going to be.

4 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Congratulations, Diamond! You are doing great. Let us know what we can do to help!

Hallie Owens said...

That all sounds amazing! Have you called Jaqueline yet?

beth said...

That is so awesome!

Orme Family said...

Hey Diamond!! I miss you girl! I love that you update your blog frequently! I loved hearing about camp and that you are on your way to college!!! SO EXCITING!
I have also felt a great loss with Michael's death. Sometimes I believe we can "know" a person through his music, and I was/am a HUGE fan of him and his talent. He's in a better place...right?!
LOVE YA!!!