Friday, May 27, 2011

Getting in the Swing of Things.

So I just finished writing 2 Papers! Oh how I missed school... NOT!! I had my first class Monday. Macomb Community College is not as bad as I thought. I love my interesting Sociology Class. There is never a dull day there. Everyday we talk about all of the controversial things that are going on in the world. Of course everyone has their own opinions- that's what makes it interesting. My class is very eclectic: a convicted felon, a few Detroiters, 2 Nigerians, 2 Bosnians, an Iraqi, 2 Afghanistan/ Iraq soldiers, 2 Police Officers (studying), an aspiring Priest (seriously), 2 Pre-medicine students, 3 Communication students, 2 know-it-alls, and a female Middle-east American. Yep. I love my class.

Because it is only a 3 week class, it is a fast-paced class. I have a Current Event due every Friday (3), a group Presentation and paper due this Tuesday (done), and three papers. I finished my first paper (that is due Wednesday). The paper is about the importance of family in religion and how it is different from the worldly view of family. It is a 5 page paper (including title page). I think it is pretty good; however, I am going to ask Mike to read it over for me. I do not quite like the way the teacher does things. I LOVE structure and order, I freak out when I do not have that. He is extremely unstructured. His idea of giving us a grading rubric is "Paper must be objective and subjective and must be in APA format." That's it!

The other 2 papers "Homosexuality" and "Race" are due June 6 and June 8 (2 days from each other). The group presentation is due Tuesday. Our group received the problem "Socialization from the perspective of life" meaning the problems that people have as they age. My subtopic is Toddlers- young children (basically 2-10). I decided to do my part of the presentation on stuttering. My nephew Shaun has that speech impediment. I only have 5 minutes to talk about it and about how we "as a community" can help children with speech impediments become more social.

I have had a ton of things to think about. Right now, I no longer have a job. My temporary job ended May 20. I do not know what I am going to do financially. I have applied everywhere and I am getting the run around. I need a job so bad. I am also thinking about other stuff and so far I keep getting answers that does not make since. There is just so much going on in my head. I worry way too much.

No comments: