Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Studying, Mission Call, and a Trip to the Doctor

This past week I have been knee deep in school work. I have found that I do not like the feeling of being overwhelmed (which I am sure that many people can agree does not feel good) so I have been trying to "get ahead" in school work so that I will not feel that way. This past weekend was a five-day weekend for me (I do not have classes on Friday and Monday was a holiday) so I spent most of the weekend doing homework (with the exception of Sunday and most of yesterday). I also had all of my first tests last week. I found that Human Resource Management was not as tough as I thought but Psychology will be my tough class. I; however, really like my teachers and I enjoy how all of my teachers tie in gospel to each of our class discussions.

Thursday I got my mission call! I have been called to the Washington DC South Mission (English Speaking) and I report to the MTC on May 2nd, 2012. I; therefore, will be able to spend a few weeks with my family before I go. I am excited to go to DC. I love the Temple and I will really like to get to know the people. I actually know a few people who will be in the Stake there so that will be exciting. Hopefully there will not be too much governmental debates (I get enough of that in my American Foundations class).

Saturday I woke up with a sharp pain in my right leg and let's just say I cried like a baby. I did not want to have to pay to go to the doctor and it really was not that bad so I just dealt with it. I guess I was afraid that if something was wrong I would not be able to go on a mission and I did not have class until today so I tried not to do too much walking. This morning; however, it was a little unbearable so I paid the $10 and went to the on-campus doctor. He asked me if I had been doing anything out of the ordinary and I told him that I have been pushing myself a little more on the treadmill and bike because I want to be in shape for my mission. At first he thought that maybe I just sprained my ankle but he decided to take an x-ray (at no cost to me!). Well after class I went back for a follow-up and he told me something cool. My left leg is 1/3rd of an inch shorter than my right leg! My right leg is trying to compensate for the difference by working harder than my left leg. He said that I need inserts to try to close the gaps but that I should be fine. I think that it is pretty unique but at the same time I always feel like whenever I am happy the Devil has to knock at my door. Go away! No one is home you jerk! Anyway that's all for now.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Congratulations on your mission call! That is so exciting, and I am really proud of you!