Monday, June 11, 2012

This Week

This week is kind of crazy! We put three people on (baptism) date this week. Annette is African American and takes care of her three grandchildren. She smokes and drinks so we have to work with her. John works for the Department of Defense and is super busy. He has been taking discussions for nine months, and we were finally able to put him on date yesterday. Carolina is Hispanic and is so cute. She is a junior in high school. She asks a lot of questions and smiles a ton. We put her on date on our first visit. But she has a lot that she needs to work through and she speaks more Spanish than English so we are going to pass her to the Hermanas.
 
My companion is leaving this coming transfer (in like 2 1/2 weeks) so she decided that she wants to be companions with another sister so tomorrow I will be in a threesome with two girls I do not know! Maybe this is what we need.
 
Anyway enough of complaining. It really is great here. The people are crazy and great. But does this remind you of anything?:
 
Potomac Mid-singles Ward. Most people work for the government and have MBAs. Our investigators are mostly from Richmond Highway apartments (less education and works at low scale places). There are a few people who talk to our investigators (those that have gone on missions- which tends to be the gospel principles teachers); otherwise, they do not mix.
 
Okay, for real this time- enough complaining. I really do like it here. I had dinner with Sister and Brother Maygren on Saturday. It was so much fun. There were elders from our zone there and we just had a ball. I totally wanted to hold Chance- he is so cute and bashful. I just love them. Sister Maygren said that we will have Thanksgiving dinner with her when I finish. Are you coming to my farewell? If you can, can you come and pick me up from my mission? Brother Maygren gave me a wonderful blessing. He is seriously awesome.

No comments: