Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This week has been so crazy and really fast

This week has been so crazy and really fast. We have had about 7 or 8 lesson this week! And we put 3 people of date for baptism. I am so excited. Tomorrow is Transfers and I get a new trainer/ companion. I think that it will be Sister Patten who serves in the Crystal City area. I do not know her very well but she is a convert and is 26 years old. That is pretty cool I think.
 
We had a sleep over on Tuesday night (Sister Patten and her companion Sister Hansen) to say goodbye to Sister Olsen. Wednesday night they found out that their car was towed! How crazy. We spent three hourst trying to get their car out. Since Tuesday I have not been feeling very well. Sister Olsen is not feeling well either so Wednesday and Thursday we spent a lot of time at home planning, cleaning, and sleeping. So sad but we feel much better today.
 



Friday was the departing fireside for President and Sister Albright. They leave on Tuesday (along with my companion). I am so sad to see them go but I know that President and Sister Riggs will be wonderful. I am sad to see old mission presidents and companions go but I am happy to see new mission presidents and companions come in. 



The Assistants to the President gave the Albrights a photo of the DC Temple (made out of pictures of all of the missionaries and converts that have happened in the 3 years that the Albrights have been here). It was so beautiful.
 
 
Yesterday was the departing fireside for the missionaries. The Stake Center was packed with people! It was so wonderful. Both overflows and a room was full of people who came to support the missionaries and President and Sister Albright. It was such a wonderful experience.
 
There is a Sister in the Potomac (mid-singles ward) who served in Detroit back in 1998. Her name is Sister Pilington. She served in the Palmer Park Branch for about 8 months. She said that they worked mostly with older people.

No comments: