Monday, September 17, 2012

Difficult Time

This week has been a good week as a missionary. We taught 5 lessons. We even had the opportunity to go to the Temple Visitor’s Center and have the sister missionaries teach one of our investigators. It was awesome. I love that we are so close to the temple.
Mentally I am having a difficult time. I just want to be happy. It is so hard. I am trying, I promise. It’s not the missionary work that is even making me so depressed. As you know my companion has Lyme Disease because of a tick bite. Apparently, the side effects linger for a while. She is still feeling the effects. I am trying to be patient with her. She is okay with laughing and having fun but when it’s time to work she is not okay with it. She complains that her head hurts (which I believe) but she is not willing to go to the doctor to get it checked out. I don’t know what more I can do for her. I really am trying to be patient.
Don’t worry I emailed President Riggs about it. I just want to work in my area. I want to teach people. Not the same people that we have been teaching. I want to go out and work in my area. Okay. I will not complain any more. I will suck it up and get through it. I guess I am worried that I will get transferred in two weeks and the area will not have made any progress. I am worried that people are going to look at me as a failure for not baptizing. Mount Vernon is the highest baptizing area in our mission, yet we only have one progressing investigator and he does not want to get baptized (his wife has been a member for 30 years but he only wants to meet with us to make her happy).

One high note was a get together we had for my birthday: 

No comments: