Monday, October 22, 2012

Difficult Week

This week has been a very interesting week. I love Aquia (Stafford, VA) and the ward. It is so beautiful here. Also the members are amazing and so sweet. Yesterday we went of “splits” I went with Sister Hawk (ward missionary) last afternoon (at 5pm to the end of the night) to see the baptism of David Velasquez. It was great to be able to go see him get baptized. It was such a wonderful experience. I also got to see Sister Anderson and see how she is doing taking over Mount Vernon. She is doing fine so that’s great. 

The past couple of days were torturous to say the least.  I called Bryce and talked to him for an hour to calm down. I just felt like whenever I got with a new companion they would totally change (Sister Olsen worried about leaving and just became so robotic, Sister Anderson got sick and just lacked motivation to do anything, and now my new companion feels like I cannot do anything so I have to be treated like I don’t exist, etc). It made me question everything: Why I’m here and does Heavenly Father even care about me. I just lost my trust in Him. It has just been so frustrating. After that I talked to President Riggs for an hour and he helped me out a lot. My companion really does love it here and wants to be here for the rest of her mission (she has two more transfers- 3 months) so I will feel awful if she is transferred out but I don’t want to stay with her and I don’t want to go either. Argh! But I know that whatever happens will be for the best. So it was great to go out for a few hours and just relax. While I was away she was with another member of the ward and she really enjoyed it as well.

Other than that life is great. I really do enjoy being a missionary. The members here are fantastic and love to feed us and invite us over to teach them or to share a spiritual thought. It is so great. Aquia is full of military so all we see are men in uniforms! But seriously it’s amazing out here. The ward is so strong.

Does anyone out there have any talks, speeches, sermons, or other words of encouragement? 

No comments: