Monday, December 17, 2012

This Week's Adventures

This week was a super random week. I did not have any really amazing spiritual experiences that are worthwhile to talk about. We did have a lesson with Erica Urena and put her on date for baptism! We brought a member over to the lesson and the both of them really hit it off. We did not know that Erica lived in Japan for eleven years and our member is from Japan. Centreville 2nd Ward is so wonderful at fellowshipping and loving our investigators. On Thursday we had a great lesson with Von (less-active) at the Belyea’s home again. His heart really is softening up and he is not as combative as he usually is. I cannot wait for the day that he is completely changed into the person that Heavenly Father wants him to be. Friday was the Christmas Conference. It was great. The acts were awesome. I really loved “Mary Did You Know” by Elder Stone. He has a fabulous voice.

President Riggs read to us “Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King” and asked that we study it. I am only on the first sentence: “My fellowmen, it matters so very much how we regard and view Jesus Christ….”I asked myself two questions and have been working on it for the past two days.

1) Why does it matter the way we regard and view Jesus Christ:

· Yesterday we had dinner with a three generation less-active family. I saw what happens when one parent doesn’t view Jesus Christ as an important figure. The rest of their posterity “dwindles in unbelief.” It is so sad to see.

· My knowledge of Jesus Christ brings meaning to my life. If I did not think that Christ is my Savior I would not follow Him nor would I find much of a meaning to life. I would just be existing and not living.

· My knowledge of the Savior gives me hope for the future. As I see how this world is quickly becoming more and more vile and immoral, I rely on the strength of Jesus Christ and how he overcame every adversity that ever struck Him. He was triumphant in the end. I know that in the end everything is going to be okay. If I did not have that knowledge, I would be weighed down in this life. I would not have anything to hope for.

2) Who do I regard and view Jesus Christ as:

· The Son of God. He is the only true, literal son of God. The only person in the world that was born of God. He is both Godly and human.

· The Savior of the world. He came and saved everyone from the Fall of Adam and Eve that brought forth physical death (separation of the boy and the Spirit) and spiritual death (separation of us from the presence of God). Because of the Atonement that He did, I am able to be with God again.

· The example that I should live by. He descended from Heaven so that He could show me the way back. He was perfect and lived righteously. He obeyed God “with exactness.” He did nothing for himself. I want to be that person. I want to strive for the rest of my life being like Him.

On Saturday I had the opportunity to see my final baptism in Fredericksburg. Bella Contreras (the daughter of a less-active that we helped to reactivate) got baptized. I started teaching her the discussions which reactivated her parents. It was so wonderful to see an entire family convert. Her father was able to baptize her! Then we went to the Temple Visitor’s Center with Peter, investigator on date in Centreville. The Walter, previous bishop, family took us. It was great! They are so wonderful at fellowshipping and loving our investigators.

No comments: