Monday, April 8, 2013

Revelation, Exchanges, and General Conference

This week has flown by super-fast. In anticipation of General Conference, I had been studying about revelation. I have learned so much from that topic. It is so great to know that I can receive personal revelation on what I need to do in my life.
On Thursday/ Friday we went on missionary splits. I stayed in Great Falls and Sister Stedman came with me. Sister Hansen went to Herndon with Sister Stones. I had been praying the entire week that Sister Hansen would have a wonderful time and also gain a testimony of tracting. We have been tracting here in Great Falls; however, not much success has happened and she had become so discouraged and hated tracting. On Friday when we exchanged back she was so excited to tract! She had seen many miracles from it. The rest of the week we tracted more; however, no investigators came from it but I am so happy that she has learned to like it and not be afraid to do it. Sister Stedman is great. She teaches so well and enjoys getting to know people. She is good at teaching the Restoration in a minute and talks to everyone about it.
Saturday and Sunday was General Conference! It was so wonderful to hear and see the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of our church. I received so much revelation. I am learning how to become a better missionary and daughter of Heavenly Father. I loved Sister Dalton's talk (on doing my part); Elder Ellis talk (on Christ); President Uchtdorf’s talk (on the Light of Christ); President Monson’s talk (on obedience- a topic that President Riggs’ has been emphasizing) and Elder Holland’s talk (on Faith). General Conference is so amazing. I am excited to continue to go over my notes in preparation of receiving the ensign.
Miracle: On Saturday night we had fifteen minutes left before we needed to be home. We decided to start heading towards home but then felt very strongly that we needed to go to our 8:30 backup. It was on the way but it would take 10 minutes to get there. The impression came again to go. We checked on a potential investigator. The person that we went to see was not there but his mother was. We taught her the Restoration and she asked if we could come back. I am so grateful for the Spirit prompting us to go. I am grateful for the prophet and apostles teaching us to LISTEN for and to the Spirit.
Love,
Sister Diamond Evans
1 Nephi 22:2 and Mosiah 3:13

No comments: