Monday, July 8, 2013

Trials and Triumphs

On Tuesday we had the opportunity of being trained by the zone leaders. The Assistants to President Wilson came as well. It was so difficult. We learned of some rules that the Richmond Misson has and I felt awful. I must admit that my reaction was not the best. I was so upset. I felt that we were having the "Washington DC South Mission" ripped out of us. There are so many things that we did as a mission that are against the Richmond Virginia rules. But what hurt the most was that the rules were geared towards the missionaries whereas I felt that the rules that we had in the DC South mission were geared towards the investigators and members. In the midst of my frustration Elders Litchfield, Braithewaite, and Felt said some comforting words that helped me:
 
Elder Braithewaite: "While I was looking back on my notes of when President Riggs entered the field I came across: 'Everyone is human. Do no look at people's flaws, look at the good that is in people. Do not compare someone's weaknesses to someone else's strengths.'"
 
Elder Felt: "I am not far from God, He is near me. He will always be near me. Do not give up because you cannot see Him. Maybe instead, you should seek to feel Him.
 
Elder Litchfield: "Train them." That was his response to when I asked him if the Richmond Missionaries do member visits (where you go to the members and ask them 'as you have been praying what revelation have you received on how we can bless you, your family, your friends, or your neighbors).
 
I am following the counsel that President Riggs gave me to be the missionary that President Wilson needs.
 
We have been having dinners and lessons with less-actives. Most of them are progressing well and are coming to church! I love this work so much. It has been amazing to see these member's heart change and decide that they are ready to come back into full activity in the church.
 
I love Trisha so much. I cannot wait for either her husband to get on board with her getting baptized. She wants this so bad.
 
Spiritual Thought:
 
This week I have been studying the Christlike attributes Obedience and Diligence. It has opened my eyes a lot. I am so grateful for the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. I learned how obedience and faith are interconnected. When you have the faith that you are doing the right thing, then it is easier to continue in that pattern.

No comments: