Monday, July 1, 2013

Week of Goodbyes

This week has been super crazy to say the least. On Tuesday we had our final zone conference with President and Sister Riggs, and the Assistants (Elders Yates and Rasmussen). It was so great but so hard. Poor President Riggs was a mess, I am going to miss him like crazy. On Wednesday we had whole mission conference to say goodbye to everyone. I am not going to start on all of the tears that was shed. At the end, each departing missionary took a picture with President and Sister Riggs and I just sobbed in President Rigg's arm. I am positive it was more hard on him- saying goodbye to 60 missionaries. Afterwards, Elder Litchfield and Neumeyer (the Assistants in the Richmond Mission) talked to some of our about the new mission. I felt so bad, the Richmond Mission lost half of their mission to the Chesapeake Mission AND they got a new mission president. I stopped feeling sorry for myself after that, even when I found out that they do not get to go to the temple.
 
The rest of the week was kind of weird. We did a lot of service and met with a lot of less-actives. Not too much to say this week.
 
Spiritual Thought:
 
With the Anticipation of a new mission president, I have been studying the missionary handbook a lot. I know that there will be a difference in the way that he expresses the rules so I wanted to be most familiar in them. It has been fun becoming Preach My Gospel and the Missionary Handbook. It has been the best thing. My attitude is changing each day to love the rules and guidelines. I know that each rule is important. I have also been studying the christlike attribute Charity and it has helped as well. At first, I was really upset at President Riggs taking me to the new mission. I thought that maybe there was something wrong with me that he didn't want me to stay. But when I talked to him while he was hugging me (yep, he hugged us sisters) he said something like Sister Evans I want you to know that there were a few missionaries that I fought to keep but then I had to remember that when I was set-apart as a mission president I covenanted to ONLY do the Lord's will. I do not know why you have to leave me but I do know that President Wilson needs a Sister Evans. He needs someone who will work hard, be obedient, and stretch. Sister Riggs told me that there were things that they (President and Sister Riggs) needed to teach me but now I need to learn some things from President and Sister Wilson. It really warmed my heart.
 
I am so excited for this.
 
Love,
Sister Diamond Evans
3 Nephi 28:39

No comments: