Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Climb

Things have gotten so out of control that I closed myself up to everyone. After a two month hiatus from the world (and four months from blogspot) I am ready to face everything and everyone. A painful recap would consist of arguments, joblessness, anger, hurt, parents drug habits, not going to church, depression, and a loss of self worth and self esteem.

I almost died from the pain of not understanding. The thing is I saw this coming when I was at school. I knew that when I came back I would end up staying- maybe this was all my fault. Either way, I ended up the last place that I wanted to be- depressed and angry. I could not talk to anyone because to me it was my fault and my parents raised me to be self reliant. I did not know who to talk to or where to go.

I had hit rock bottom when out of nowhere two angels appeared on my doorstep- Hallie and Julie. I had given up on going back to college because I could not afford it and had no way of getting there. The reason I came home was to get a summer job, yet every door I knocked on and every resume I sent out kept getting rejected. I was jobless and now depressed. Even though I had long since gave up on myself, they did not.

So many people have helped me out since. Hallie has spent her own money to pay for school supplies and is driving me back to school. Deseret Industries is paying for my books. Hallie's neighbor Dawn helped me find an Internal Medicine Doctor to help with my psoriasis and is paying for me some sneakers and church shoes. People in my branch are giving me money to buy necessities. I am so grateful for everyone.

The title of this post is rightfully named. Although I dislike Miley Cyrus, this song is about getting out and finding yourself.

This blog has been renamed so everyone who is helping/ has helped me can see my progress. I will not let anyone down. I will try my hardest to get through this (drama) and make something out of myself. I will not be another statistic (black girl from Detroit working a minimum wage job with 3 children and 3 baby fathers). I intend to show my family and the world who I can be. I will never forget the kindheartedness of so many people. I will pay-it-forward when I can.

3 comments:

beth said...

Wow - I didn't know things were getting so rough! I'm so glad you're able to go back to school. You're an awesome woman, and you deserve an awesome life ahead of you.

Orme Family said...

hey girl, it has been WAY too long since I have talked to you! I spoke with Julie last week and she told me what has been going on in your life. I just want you to know that I think you are wonderful. I am proud of you. You are a great person and I believe that this is going to be a wonderful year for you. Will you call me if you ever want to talk? Please! We miss you! 801-440-1659

Orme Family said...

hey girl, it has been WAY too long since I have talked to you! I spoke with Julie last week and she told me what has been going on in your life. I just want you to know that I think you are wonderful. I am proud of you. You are a great person and I believe that this is going to be a wonderful year for you. Will you call me if you ever want to talk? Please! We miss you! 801-440-1659