Tuesday, August 31, 2010

If only for a moment

I now have time to give you all an update of the past few days since coming back to SVU.

Friday:
I finished packing and really got to know Prisca (my roommate). She is funny and so outgoing. The school had a concert given to us by a guy name Jeremy Hoop (he is pretty good). After that we watched Iron Man in the SAC as a student body. It was awesome. I met tons of new students. On the first floor there are four freshmen to a room (we have 300 freshmen and 750 students in all). I live on the second floor. Me and Prisca stayed up all night talking.

Saturday:
Me and my friends hung out. That morning was Rise Up for Honor (RUFH). I said the opening prayer. We went to downtown BV for the Battle of the Bands where I had a snow cone for the first time. Me and Prisca had dinner at Elora's house. I worked the Dress and Grooming (DAG) table for the first time (as part of my Honor Senator duties) during the Stop Light Dance. When I was done I got to dance with my girls and meet some cute guys.

Sunday:
Me and Prisca went to church. During lunch we met more cute guys. Me and Prisca started our own language ( turn boy names into girl names and girl names into boy names). We had dinner and then Elora gave me a surprise birthday party. There were about seven girls and two guys. It was fun. We played games and ate different kinds of bread products. Elora made me a chocolate cake and an ice cream punch. After that we rushed to the Single Adult Fireside and still managed to get good seats. Prisca has been very nice and willing to go to all of the church activities. Adam (aka Ashley) gave his rendition of my favorite hymn (A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief). We reararnged our room and created the Quote Wall. Prisca wants to be roommates the summer and next year. I am so excited.

Monday:
Me and Prisca had breakfast before class. Many people wished me a happy birthday. I worked the dinner shift and then was surprised by Kim when she made me a cake. My room was heart attacked as well. Then we cleaned up the room for roomchecks and then found out that roomchecks is not until today.

Today:
Me and Prisca had breakfast before class. I did some Honor Senator work. And now I am about to start on homework before my 11 am Institute (D and C) class. Then me and Prisca are having lunch before her next class. Then I a doing more homework before Information Literacy.

1 comment:

Hallie Owens said...

You are so busy and thank you for keeping us updated. I have placed your book order and your jacket. The jacket should be there next week. Loves to ya!