Friday, August 27, 2010

For the love of SVU

As most of you know, the past three or four months of my life were not so good. However, things began looking up two weeks ago. After Hallie and Julie surprised me and came to visit me, everything seemed to go right. I finally got to SVU yesterday and things have been great every since.

First, I have an amazing roommate by the name of Amevi (Prisca). She was born in South Africa (Togo) but now resides in Maryland. She is so wonderful. We get along great. She likes my friends and we can talk about anything. She is not LDS; however, she believes in God and is spiritual.

Second, I got a huge surprise today. My friend Kimberly has a new computer and is letting me borrow her old one for the school year! I am so excited. Right now it hates me but I am hoping that it will warm up to me.

Third, today was a wonderful day. I got to hang out with my friends and roommate. We had breakfast, lunch , and dinner. There was a luau for dinner and tons of stuff to do (I won a Tshirt).We went to the boys soccer game (we won).

They are throwing me a surprise birthday party Sunday. I love my friends and my school.

2 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

I am so happy for you! We got home safe and sound. I hope the rest of the school year is as great as your first full day!
P.S. You will be getting a belated birthday presents. All our LOVE!

The Kalcichs said...

Hooray! I am so glad you are back at school and having a great time. I can't wait to hear more about your great year. You are amazing!