Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lonely

School has been going good for the most part. I really enjoy my Information Literacy and Body Attack classes. They are so much fun- times goes by pretty fast in there. French is well French but I like it, I am still trying to get back in the rhythm of speaking it (especially since you are not allowed to speak anything else). I love Biology and on my first lab a got a B+. I however, could not manage to get that or better on this last one. I went to the hospital and after hours of being there they finally told me that an abscess had got an infection. The next day was lab and I was in so much pain. I ended up with a D; however, I talked to the professor and she told me that the worst lab grade gets dropped. I do; however, have to study that lab and make sure that I understand it because I will be tested on that stuff on the Lab Test. America and the Enlightenment is not my most favorite class. It deals with the Pre Enlightenment and post Enlightenment era. We read tons of books and discuss them in class. Everyone views the Enlightenment (or the reading) differently so we spend the hour being told that we are wrong.

For the most part I love my classes. Me and Prisca (my roommate) have been getting to know each other. We spend meals together and have Body Attack together as well. She is awesome. We have been meeting with the missionaries. She is afraid of getting baptized because her father does not approve of the church. I am not sure if she will gt baptized but she goes to all of the meetings (even the out of church ones). Yesterday we had our first roommate Devotional. I just flipped through the scriptures and landed on 3Nephi (it ended up being the Matthew chapters) it was great because she did not really want to read the BOM. It turned out well. We even sung "How Great Thou Art" I of course cried but she was nice about it. She said a prayer as well. It was nice. I felt the Spirit.

Now for the name of the post. Last night I was bombarded buy guys (not in a bad way). The guys were friends and they wanted to talk to me (or so I thought). Turns out they wanted to meet Prisca. That was fine. The guy said that he had been trying to talk to her but every time he sees her I am with her and so he wanted to talk to her alone. He went on to say maybe I should be lonely and let her "out". I guess he meant that I should stop hanging out with her all of the time and let her meet other people. I had not noticed that we hung out all the time. Any way it made me sad because he called me lonely. He then asked me if I could bring her down (we were in the Lofts on the first floor). I said OK. They hung out, I came back upstairs.

Some how it got me thinking. Am I lonely? The truth of the matter is yes I am. All of my family and friends are back at home. Yes I have friends here but not true friends. Not the ones that I can talk to forever. Not the ones I can call up at midnight to say I need you. The truth is... I am homesick.

1 comment:

Hallie Owens said...

Maybe we are homesick for each other :(