Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New school year, new semester, new life, new routine

This past week has been pretty hectic. I have finally started my routine (literally today). This past week I had different work hours and had just started my classes. It all was pretty hazy (and lazy): school, work, internet. There was nothing too special about it all. But this week. This very short week has been the start of the semester.

I now have my classes down (French III, America and the Enlightenment, General Biology, Body Attack, Information Literacy, and Doctrine and Covenants).
My classes are nothing less than interesting. In French we are not allowed to speak English (unless we are talking about a new grammatical concept). America and the Enlightenment books are written by people in the 1700 ( which means they do not speak modern English) sometimes I think we are reading Shakespeare because I do not understand them. We are reading Gulliver's Travels. I just finished reading about a horse eating a cow and how the horse can speak. Exactly it makes no sense, just like Shakespeare. Biology is biology and next semester we will be dissecting a worm (and catching it too). I have not gone to Body Attack (I added it today and class starts tomorrow; however, I hear that the class is all girls (with the exception of the teacher). I look forward to getting into better shape because those stairs are killing me. Information Literacy is actually pretty fun. It is an easy class (if you remember to do the online homework). We only meet once a week. Doctrine and Covenants is... difficult. Elder Bastian tests us every time (but not on the home work assignment but on the book as a whole). For instance, he asked us what section(s) are not revelations? I have no idea but I do know that the sections that you assigned for homework (1-10) are all revelations. Over all; however, I love my classes.

Tomorrow will be the first Honor Council meeting. I do not think that we have any problem with the students (although some girls are getting on my nerves- I am tired of asking girls to go change their top) but nothing too serious has happened. It's more of a get to know how Honor Council really works and how to have a Honor Meeting (when someone is sent to us for an honor violation).

I work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Friday night; and Saturday lunner (2-5; lunch/dinner time). Too bad that all the soccer games are Saturday at 2 or 3 for the next 3 weeks. But I do have more hours now (12) last week I only had 6. The 12 hours a week are final. I am allowed to pick up 1 extra 3 hour shift if someone needs to be covered. That is cool.

Me and my roommate are getting along well. She is funny. She is a bit different than me though. She cusses and says OMG a ton. She can be pretty loud. But overall she is cool. She has agreed to meet with the missionaries! and I get to fellowship her. If anyone knows what that means let me know. Speaking of missionaries I am emailing one. His name is Sam ( I met him my freshmen year). He left for his Argentina mission in April (some how that place has surrounded my life a lot). Mike's (my first branch president) mission was in Argentina; the first counselor in my very first ward served his mission in Argentina and his wife is from there; and now Sam. Any way I started really writing him a few weeks ago but he is awesome and he has told me that he is glad that I wrote. He is a sweetheart. He was the first guy (when I started SVU) to cry in church and I thought he was so cool. He worked in Jonzzey's (school owned cafe) and we always talked (and got in trouble). Any way I think I have updated you all. Hopefully you are not bored to death.

3 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

Fellowshipping is like we have done to you, and really what you are doing with your roommate now and didn't even know. Be a friend and show her what is right. Loves ya!

beth said...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing from you! Sounds like things are busy - but great. I'm happy for you.

Diamond Evans said...

Thanks Hallie