Monday, October 18, 2010

Could Sundays get any Better?

Sunday was the best Sunday I have had in a while. It was not that special but it made me feel so much better.

Me and Prisca went to church as usual. The lessons were amazing though. In Relief Society (we have our classes backwards) the lesson was about Baptism. We ended with the teacher (Jenna) saying that when we partake of the sacrament and doing baptisms for the dead, we should think about when it is our turn to go to the temple and get endowed. She said that that should always be our goal- the temple. It really got me thinking that I have changed. That is my goal. I have been working on it even more since coming here. I know that what I am doing is right.

The Gospel Principles class was about... eternal marriage. It was a wonderful lesson. Again we talked about the importance of temple marriage. We also spoke about how we should always be worthy of entering the temple. It was pretty fun. I really enjoyed it. I really learned a lot.

After that me and Prisca was home taught. That was so much fun. I love Michael (VMI cadet) and Alex (Freshman football player). They are so much fun. They made fun of Prisca (texting while being taught). But they made her feel comfortable and they made sure to ask her questions. The lesson was about temples; however, they did not make her feel awkward or weird. They really included her.

She is really changing. She is not cussing anymore. She is more confident in herself. She is more happy. But at the same time, she is still her. She is funny and silly. She loves to be on the phone. She is awesome.

After dinner we went to family ward to watch a movie about the building of the Salt Lake Temple. It was amazing. It truly testified to me that the prophets are called of God and that good and wonderful things can come from trials. It reinforced the power of prayer and work. It humbled me and got me thinking about a ton of stuff. It was awesome.

After that we went to "Hymns on the Hill". Students get together to sing hymns in front of Main Hall. I have not done it since last Spring but I really wanted to start back up and Prisca wanted to go to. It was so much fun and so spiritual. It is always great to be around other people singing hymns. I felt the spirit so strongly and enjoyed it so much. It was magnificent. I am so grateful for Sara (a student) for coming up with this idea last year. There is a power that comes from singing hymns.

After that we came home and did roommate devotional. We have been reading from the BOM for a few weeks. We started from the beginning and we are at 2 Nephi 22. We are almost done with the Isaiah chapters. We read about the birth of Christ and the Second Coming. We both got a lot out of it. It was wonderful. We actually went to bed at 11:30 last night; however, I feel like I never slept. But it was an amazing Sunday and I am blessed to have had it and feel the spirit so strongly.

1 comment:

Hallie Owens said...

I loved reading about your amazing Sunday! I am so glad the two of you felt the Spirit so strongly. The Mountain of the Lord is one of my favorite church movies, glad you enjoyed it. Love you!