Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This past week has been a bit crazy and eventful. School is, well school. I am trying hard to get good grades. I will see how well I am doing in my classes in the next week. For the most part I am struggling in Biology. She is inconsistent on her tests. The first lecture test was full of short and paragraph length answers. There was maybe four words that needed defining. Well this last lecture test had three pages of words that needed defining and only one short and paragraph answer. I had my first lab exam (that covers all of the past labs). She is slow about grading so I will not find out what I got until next Monday or Wednesday she said. She is a wonderful teacher she just makes difficult tests.

I will have my first test in America and the Enlightenment. I am studying hard for her class.

I am doing really well in Information Literacy; although, this new home work assignment is challenging.

I am still trying to get used to speaking French completely in class. It is weird to do everything in French. I love it though.

I really love my Doctrine and Covenants Institute class. I think that it is my favorite. Elder Bastian is amazing. He is serious though, we have a test every day and he does grade us.

I have had some medical problems but I am trying to deal. I am coming back to Detroit for Christmas Break to get it all cleared up.

While praying to Heavenly Father about my pain and all the medical stuff, I felt Him here with me. He told me to start preparing to go on a mission. Well His exact words were "Diamond, you need to go on a mission. Start preparing now."

So that is what I need to do. I talked to the Bishop and he said that before he gives it real consideration, I must get all of my health problems out of the way. I have a meeting with a gynecologist November 10th (Prisca's birthday) I believe. I will then go home for Christmas Break to talk to my gynecologist and other doctors.

I am so extremely happy for the gift of receiving revelation. I am so grateful that my heart and my mind was open so that I could listen. I am so grateful for the priesthood and most importantly, I am grateful that Joseph Smith's heart and mind was open to the Spirit and he was able to receive and act on that revelation.