Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Health Science and Technology

I am officially working at Macomb Community College. I work at the Health Science and Technology building as a Clerical Assistant. It is such a fun place to work! I am learning about children, pets, and food! Today the Associate Dean, Larry, brought over these amazing low-fat cookies that a coworker made for him. They were so delicious.

All of my coworkers are so nice and very helpful. Health Science and Technology's motto is: "You learn by doing" and I can totally see that. My first day at the building they had me do a fun walk-through. The first one was with them (Jennifer and Barbara, my supervisors, and Chris, another new employee). The second walk-through included me touching and trying to memorize everything in the office. I learned how to work the copier, printer, and fax machine. Then I answered the telephone (which was basically me asking them to hold while I found someone who could assist them). I also walked around campus and met other workers that I would work with closely (Mary the Copy Center Manager, Kim, my real boss who works in the Health and Human Services Department, Kim's other employees and Lois from the Learning Center. I can tell that I am going to really enjoy this job.

I have met so many interesting people at the college. It has been a fun experience being at this campus.

No comments: