Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's official... I really am leaving

I have been so preoccupied with school and work that I have not had time to notice the time going by. Yesterday I had a reality check. My boss asked me if I had received my schedule for next semester. We started talking about my church and what not when she asked what classes I was taking. I let her know that I could not register until November 16th and she replied that that is today!

That means that first: I have to register and second: there is only one month left in the semester! That is crazy. I feel like summer just ended not winter is here. I have so much to do and so little time. On a side note I got my first B in Chemistry! I have struggled this entire semester with Intro to Organic and Biochemistry. If this is how difficult the intro is, how difficult will the real deal be? Maybe I have to rethink my major. I got my "progress" report for the class and I have a 82% that is like a B- I feel like a failure; however, there is a another test and the final left so let's just hope that I can do better and pull out a solid B.

I finally registered for classes and I am excited for them. Here is my schedule for BYU-Idaho:

General Psychology (online class with Sister Amy Morris)
Human Resource Management with Brother D. Joshua Holt
American Foundations with Brother Ryan S. Johnson
Missionary Prep with Brother David Christensen
Science Foundation (online class with Sister Lynn S. Durtschi
Computer Basics (online class with Brother Raymond Dean Allen)
and Medical Law and Ethics with Brother Dan C. Dummar)

All together I am taking a full load (16 credits). By the way, I think it is funny that they call their professors Brother and Sister and not Professor. The classes that I have to take in order to start the program are Anatomy and EMT Basics; however, I cannot start them until after I get back from my mission. But the classes that I am taking next semester I have to take as graduation requirements. I am going to enjoy taking these classes, I am ready to get started.

Speaking of mission, everything is falling into place. Last Sunday I had my meeting with President Chirolla and he sent everything to President Lantz (the Stake President) I am hoping that I will get my call by next month because I leave December 31st and it would be nice to open it surrounded by people that I know.


No comments: