Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Dental Experience from Hockey Sticks! and a Little Bit of Life

A couple of weeks ago I had a dental exam. The dental hygienist was amazing and she told me that since I do not numb well, they would "put me under" when I get my two fillings. Well, today the doctor told me that they do not "put people under" for fillings. It took them 15 times (5 tries with three pokes each) and I was finally numb for the first fillings. While doing the procedure, the doctor told me that I had a "psychotic" tongue so each time she moved the hygienist had to move my tongue out of the way (she did this forcefully). The doctor then called in two more hygienist to "help" but the only thing they did was hurt me (for instance, one of the hygienist stabbed my tongue, tooth, and gums with the "mirror" numerous times, she even complained that she could not see and yet she "sucked" my jaw until I could barely breathe)! Of course, by the time it came to my second filling I was no longer numb. Well they were too busy talking to each other to notice that I was "SCREAMING" that I was no longer numb. Finally the doctor heard me and they poked me six more times until I was numb again. Needless to say, I am glad that it's over. Now everything is done and soon I will have my meetings so that I can go on a mission.

School and work have me so busy that I barely have time to rest. Last weekend I was able to have a breather. I helped Hallie with her Mom to Mom Sale. I was even able to spend a little bit of time with the kids. They are so adorable and they just brighten up my day. I cannot wait for the time where I get to work with little ones. However, school is another thing. Chemistry is going to be the death of me. The Coroner will write: "Death by Intro to Organic Chemistry." It is a tough class. Maybe I will be a therapist instead of a P.A. then I will not have to take any more chemistry classes. I have an A in both Marriage and the Family and Astronomy 1. I love my job at the college. My coworkers are so nice.

I have a cell phone now! It only took 2 years to replace my old one. If you want my number let me know. It is a MetroPCS phone, not the best service in the world, but better than no phone at all I suppose.

Sunday during Fast and Testimony Meeting I realized that I do not have long before I head off to BYU-Idaho. I am both excited and nervous about the whole thing. I hope, no I know, that it is going to be a wonderful experience. I am going to spend two nights in Utah staying with my Stake Relief Society President's family. Then I head off to Idaho for classes. I will leave for my mission sometime after April 6th, when Winter Semester is over. I cannot wait to see what Heavenly Father has planed for me.


No comments: