Friday, July 6, 2012

New Companion, Power Outage, and New Mission President

Life is crazy here! On Tuesday I got my new companion. Her name is Sister Anderson from SLC area, Utah! She is awesome! She just loves life. She loves to laugh just as I do.
 
Because neither one of us knows the area super well so we have been going around meeting the leaders and members in our wards. as a result we are teaching even more potentials! It was all her idea and is just working so well. I love how she lets me know when she is confused and asks me tons of questions about my life and my conversion. She tells me all of the time that I know more (about the gospel) than I think I do and it is making me more confident when I teach.
 
Saturday was a difficult day for us. Friday night (around 10pm) there was a huge storm that lasted until morning and it just ruined Saturday. We woke-up on Saturday and our cell phone did not have service and we had a ton of appointments that we had to confirm. So we spent a long time driving around trying to find cellular service. All of our appointments fell through (no power and did not want us to come over and do service) so we tracted but noone was in the mood. We tried to find people (or places) to do service for and noone wanted our help. We could not find a place to sit down and eat (we do not live in our prosletying area) beacuse they were all closed due to powere outages. It was just a bad day.
 
But Sunday was amazing! We met so many people in the wards and they were so nice to us and asked us if we needed help. We met a few potentials and tracting was fun. Funny story: as we left Potomac Ward (Arlington, VA) going home (Alexandria, VA) there were like 6 different bridges that we had to choose from and our GPS is psycho. Long story short, we ended up in Maryland! Instead of getting angry or whatever, we laughed, and we laughed, and we laughed... until we had to pull over because we were crying so much. It just made our life.
 
Anyway, the time is gone. I love you all so much. I miss you too. I just found that there are pictures on my Ipod. Thanks! You all are amazing. We have not had time to go by Bryce and Elise. Hopefully next week. This week is so crazy. We get to meet our new Mission President on Thursday but the conference is about an hour and a half away so we need to conserve miles. Can you relay the message to Bryce and Elise. Tell them I love them too!

No comments: