Monday, July 9, 2012

A Potential Baptism and Mid-singles Conference

I love you so much! I miss you all so much. There are so many crazy things going on this week. We are hopefully having a baptism this week- if we can meet with him. He has not been feeling very well and is hard to get in touch with. So this week or next week we will have him baptized. I am so excited. He is such a great person.

Thanks for the letter (Mike) it was just what I needed to hear. Seriously I think of all of the wonderful things that you all have done for me all of the time. I talk about you all every day with my companion. You truly have helped me so much.

I am so happy to hear that there is a RM board up! There is one in the Mount Vernon Ward and it has like five people on there and they are all in completely unique places. It is so cool to see and read a little about them.

I love my companion. She is so fun and so sweet. We are always laughing and just having fun. Even when days are long and feel like a failure, she knows how to just laugh. I think that she is one of the most fantastic people that I know. We are trying so hard to find more people and get to know the wards. There are so many amazing conversion stories those members in the Mount Vernon Ward have that we never knew until we met them. It is so wonderful to hear how they found the church and were baptized. They are so willing to bring nonmembers to activities that it is easy to find a referral.

Yesterday the Potomac Mid-singles ward (single people age 31 and more) had the close of a huge conference. Singles from all over the country (and other countries) came for 3 days to meet each other and join together as Mormons. It was so spectacular to see the close of it. Many people sang different uplifting songs and bore testimony. It was just amazing.

I have been struggling with homesickness lately. I miss you all and I am worried about your health mommy. I got a wonderful blessing from Elders Dixon and Frazier and I felt so much better.

I had dinner with Elise and the children. I love them so much! They are so funny and so loving. It was Sister Anderson’s first time at their house and the kids told her everything about them. It was so funny. They were so excited to have her there. They would not let Elise say anything because they were too busy talking to us. Elise was so happy to have the company. She wants us over every week but unfortunately I have only been given permission for once a month- so sad. I just love them so much.

The new mission president is awesome. President Riggs is only 46 years old but he and his wife have been married for 23 years and they brought 4 out of the 6 children. They are super funny and love to laugh and enjoy the world. They really are super funny. I cannot explain it. I just almost instantly fell in love with them when I first met them.

No comments: