Thursday, August 16, 2012

MIA's, Life, and Transfers

This week has been ridiculous. We have had two investigators go MIA (Hawa and John) again. John had been MIA for over two weeks before but he came back and now he is gone again. Hawa goes MIA for days at a time and then comes back. She wants to get baptized but then things get in the way. This time it’s her boyfriend. But we finally found Hawa today! She will be getting baptized on Sunday (hopefully. I don’t know). Craziness! So now we are going to go super tracting this week to find new investigators. I hope it goes well.

Life is crazy. But I am happy. I got an unexpected phone call from President Riggs and my mother. She had been in the hospital… again. This time she went for kidney failure… again. But it was great to talk to her and hear from her. I had not been getting emails or letters from her so she just eased my mind on the subject and told me that she was doing better.

Transfers are on Thursday. I am so nervous. I do not want to leave my companion. I want to stay here with her. We have been making leeway with some of the people. The members in both wards love us so much and have been giving us referrals. I am so nervous. We have two new English speaking sisters coming but only one leaving. Someone will be in a threesome. I think that I rather take a threesome than leave my area. I guess both options have their own challenges but I love Mount Vernon so much!
I guess that’s all for now. Life is grand.

No comments: