Monday, March 25, 2013

Lesson, Young Women, Less-actives, and My Talk

On Friday we had a lesson with the Angert’s. Sister Angert is less-active and her husband is not a member. This was our third lesson with them. He had been really closed off to us; however, we have been praying really hard for him to open up. In the training program for this week we have been working on asking inspired questions which is one of the things that we both study with. My studies have been immersed in learning to “trust in the Spirit.” The lesson with the Angert’s was so amazing! Heavenly Father really does answer prayers and He does bless us when we do our part. We asked inspired questions and he opened up to us a lot.
On Sunday we went to Young Women to do a “Preach My Gospel Blurb” and we focused on “Our Purpose.” Afterwards we stayed for the lesson and it was wonderful. Sister Neary talked about forgiveness and showed the Mormon.org video about Chris Williams. It was so great. I do not forgive myself very easily. I learned how not forgiving hinders the Spirit from being there. I gained a renewed determination to forgive and forget.
This week has been a busy week. We are still trying to meet the members of the ward and ask them the revelation question while getting to know them and also strengthen the less-actives and new members.  We have not had a lot of success with the less-actives. On Wednesday we had dinner with a family. The parents are active; however, the children are not. Their twenty something year old son has not been active since he was 16 and their daughter, who is 17, has not come to church. On Thursday we met a member and it just broke my heart. He’s a less-active and he has a teenage daughter who is not a member. We called them and no one answered so on Thursday we were near their home so we went over. Well, the father answered the door and he said that he was no longer interested in the church. We asked about his daughter and he said that she is not interested either. Sadness. Saturday we went over to another less-active man’s home and he said he wants his name taken off the records. My heart ached for these people. What could have happened to make someone say that they want their names blotted out? I just could not handle it. My poor companion didn't t know what to do when I just burst out into tears after that. The Plan of Salvation is a plan of happiness, why wouldn't someone want that? After I cried, I prayed for peace to come to my heart and Heavenly Father answered. I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven.
On Sunday we also had to speak in sacrament on “How We Can Prepare for Easter.” It was great to bear my testimony of the resurrected Lord. I am grateful for His Grace and Love. The knowledge that because of His Resurrection I can be resurrected feels my soul.
Love,
Sister Diamond Evans

Mosiah 15:18

No comments: