Monday, September 9, 2013

Sister Training Leader and Sacrifice

This week has been a week of adventure as I have taken on the responsibilities of Sister Training Leader. We are over seven sets of sisters and they are so fun. Two sets live close by (the neighboring area) however the other sets live 35-80) miles away! Because of this we are not often in our area (maybe two- three days per week) so when we are in our area we have to work really hard. Three of the sisters that we are over are struggling a lot so we have spent a lot of time in their area helping them and working with their other leaders and president. But it has been great to fervently pray to Heavenly Father to receive revelation for these sisters and then say the things that they need to hear. 
We had a baptism here of a part-member family. The Sisters had been teaching Natalie for months and she was baptized on Friday. I want to help her husband get back active. She seems like a great woman so I hope that she stays on the right path and will be a blessing for him. 

I am excited to continue in this adventure with Sister Hammond. Heavenly Father put us together for a reason. She is so funny just like me and we really get a long well. I am helping her with some things and she is helping me. I love her so much and I hope that we stay together for my last transfer. 
Spiritual Thought: 
This week I have been studying 'Sacrifice' along with the rest of the mission. President Wilson wanted us to. So as I have been studying I have seen the significance of the Atonement and what a huge sacrifice that was for our Savior. I have also studied the sacrifice of Joseph Smith. He sacrificed his entire life for the gospel to be brought forth. 
I decided that I wanted to sacrifice something for my Savior as gratitude and also be come closer to Him. I am going to sacrifice my comfort zone. There are those little sins of omission and even commission that we do everyday. We find a reason to continue to do them and even rationalize about them. I have determined now to do away with them! They hinder me from being closer to my Father in Heaven and even cause my Savior pain. Why would I ever want to do that? I am choosing this moment right now to stop doing/ not doing those things that will stop my progression towards exaltation. With the help of Heavenly Father I know that I can become better. 

No comments: