Monday, September 16, 2013

Sisters Meeting, Crazy Week of Exchanges, and a Baptism

This week was a super busy week. On Tuesday we had Sisters Meeting with all of the sister missionaries in the Richmond Virginia Mission. It was very interesting. One of the speakers talked to us about mental and spiritual well being. She talked about how our personal worth is not dependent on our circumstances. She said that no matter where we are or what we are doing on worth is the same. She slammed a pole onto the ground and said: "I will not bend. My worth doesn't move, it doesn't change." It has impacted the past few days as I have tried to constantly remind myself of my needs.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we went on exchanges with four sets of missionaries. We were so exhausted when we got home Friday night. It was so crazy but it was super fun. I got to teach in Spanglish with a set of Spanish missionaries. It was a lot of fun. On Saturday we went on two- two hour exchanges with sister missionaries in Charlottesville, it was a lot of fun. 
On Saturday Robin Blanco was baptized. The sisters had been meeting with her for a month. I had the opportunity to teach her some lessons before she was baptized as well. She is so great. Her baptism was super hilarious. Satan really did not want her to be baptized. Everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong. It was so stressful but seeing her finally, after two hours, enter the water and partake of the ordinance of baptism made it all worth it. 
I am so happy that I am here with Sister Hammond. She really is amazing. Everyday I learn from her how to be better. She is so great at loving the sisters and insuring that their needs are taken care of. Sometimes I get stuck in thinking about our area that I forget to take the time to really get to know the sisters and seek for revelation on how to help them.
Spiritual Thought: 
This week I have been focusing on my, and the sisters, spiritual well being. I have been reading the talk 'You Matter to Him' by President Uchtdorf and I am still studying the topic of Sacrifice. I have also been deciphering and personalizing the hymn 'I am a Child of God.' All of these things have been great sources of strength.

No comments: