Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Annoyed at the hard work

It is one thing to be worried about something that would change your life, but it is another to conquer it and it feel like nothing. I studied for the GED for 6months (trust me 6months is an eternity). I have been so worried and so scared. When I entered the classroom for the first time yesterday I was scared out of my mind. But today leaving that classroom I was furious. That test is a waste of time. I got maybe (MAYBE!) 3 questions wrong on each section, I am only guessing so when I see my actual score I won't be surprised. When I say this test is a joke I mean it. Anyone who is studying to take the GED test in Michigan should do it now. It is so easy. .
The math has 1proportion problem; 3 area/perimeter/or volume problem; 2 fractions; 2percent or decimal problems; and the rest (41) addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems. You have no idea how stupid I felt for being so worried. The only problem I would say I had was getting started on the problem (word problems it was only 3). The bad thing about it is that the instructor showed us how to do 5problems( the test had 2 of each, so that is 10 questions I got right). I am so angry that the test wasn't harder. If you made it to 9Th grade this is a walk in the park. Anyone can get the GED. So I feel like I don't want it because it was too easy. I know that I am the only person in the world who can make a fuss about getting a good score (hopefully) on the test.

On the writing portion of the test, correcting the sentences was so easy. Even the GED book was harder. You only had to either omit a sentence, add a coma, take out a coma, choose past tense or future tense, or change the spelling of a word. It may sound hard but it isn't I mean wouldn't you change 'whether to weather' when you are talking about rain. The essay was frustrating because I forgot to write the introduction paragraph before the explanation paragraph so I might get a deduction for having an arrow on my paper. But I knew what I wanted to say: "My generation is important because it teaches the next generation how to be better by staying in school, enforcing abstinence, and refraining from going to adult parties."

Anyone that was my GED experience and I hope the ACT's is harder, but not too hard. I want a 21 or better. I know that I can conquer it. Mike I hope you can help. I am proud of myself for doing it and sticking with it. i am trying to be a better person by making a commitment to gaining more knowledge not just for school but for my future family. This is something to be proud of. I will be the first person in my family to go to college and finish(mom), that means a lot to me. I want to be a role model for my nieces and nephews. If you want it hard enough and you work at it, you can make it. As I am thinking about it I realize that maybe it(the test) was easy because of my blessing and fasting. At least I hope it was.

To everyone thank you for your support. It is really nice to have friends who care about you and wish you luck in your journey of finding yourself. I really appreciate all of you. You are so nice to me, even when you don't have to be. I am in the library crying I think people are watching so i better go.

3 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

Think of it this way: all that GED prep has you better prepared for the ACT, which you will rock, of course!

Diamond Evans said...

I will and thanks.

Hallie Owens said...

I called your dad's phone and left a message so I hope you get it. If you don't the message I would like to pass on is that I need to pick you up at about 4:00 on Thursday. If there is anyway for you to call and let me know if that is okay. Please do.