Thursday, January 29, 2009

A poem for all the Lexi's

She is the most beautiful person in the world
Or so she says to herself at night
She is filled with tears,smiles,and know-it-allness
She tries so hard to be nice to me
But I see through it
She tries to be every inch of perfection
In doing so she loses herself
And me in the process
Drowned out by all the pettiness
She is surrounded by a wall of nothingness
Yet trying to be a somebody
Not wanting to be a nobody
She doesn't see any natural beauty
In herself or me
So she clamours to the store to buy the next best thing
But I see through her
To understand her is to be human
To try to help is to fail at something
As I watch her filled with tears,smiles,and know-it-allness
I am filled with relief
It must be hard being Lexi
Yet it is easy being me


I wrote this poem at 4:55am today after having a dream. For the past 2weeks I would have a dream about her. Each dream she was different (western: cowgirl, horror: killer, musical:singer, science fiction :alien, and so on). So finally today I wrote the poem so hopefully I can get some sleep. I hope you like it. Tell me what you think.

No comments: