Monday, February 2, 2009

The Unlikely likeness of mother and daughter

Where she is strong, I am weak
Where I am strong, she is weak
I wake up everyday hoping, she wakes up everyday aching
I listen whereas she talks
I cry whereas she screams
I say "Heavenly Father I thank thee" whereas she pleads "God please take me"
I am happy but she is feels sad
She is happy but I am sad
She LOVES black where I love any color but black
she watches the news but I avoid it

We both like puzzles
Her crosswords - my sudoku
We both read books
Her mystery - My romance
We look alike
She's shorter - I am taller
We love music
Her oldies - my country
We love to sing along to the radio
She does it quietly - I do it loudly
We cry a lot
She doesn't care where - me in the company of no one
Both took the GED test
She didn't study - I studied forever
We are family oriented
Her idea is see you when I see you - my idea is blaming myself when I don't see my "family"
We don't finish what we start
Physically she can't - mentally I am all over the place
We both look forward
She has her head up - I do it only after I have looked back
We both budget
She does it dreadfully - I do it enthusiastically
We don't worry about materialistic things
Her motto "why cry over what you don't have" mine is "If you don't have it you don't need it"
Motto for the future
both "Live, Laugh, Love, Heal, and Hug"


I wrote this poem or whatever you call it, on Sunday. I took the ACT practice test and got an 18. I told my mom and she said so did she. Back then an 18 was an average score, of course, now it is a 21. But it was still a start for us. A lot of days I yell and say I am not like her, even when we are watching CSI. But I know that we are unlikely alike. the bad comes with the good, you just pray you have more good.

No comments: