Tuesday, October 27, 2009

a better update

Things have been pretty hectic here in Buena Vista. I have had great couple of weeks.

I was able to finish my second and third week of Burdens. I have learned a lot about myself and how I can do better.

Classes have been great for the most part. I am still doing not so great in science. I am trying really hard and I hope that I can do much better as I continue to try harder. I just had mid-terms; however, only Western Lit had a real mid-term the other classes had tests and essays. I think I did great in all of my tests except for science of course.

I have gone to plenty of school and Institute activities. Our football team had its first win of the season. Our girls soccer team is going to Nationals! The Bella Voce, Chamber Choir, and Orchestra had their first performance. Fading Point, our schools A Capella group of 9, had their first school performance. Fading Point has only been together for 5 weeks and they are ranked 6th out of 25 as the best school A Capella group. The Shenanigans, our schools comedy group, had their first performance. Institute had a Fireside which I loved. This past weekend was the regional Single Adult Conference which was pretty cool; although, only about 20 people who weren't from the school came.

School has been pretty fun! It seems like everyday there is something going on here. Since this is Halloween week there is a lot of Halloween stuff going on. Friday is "Wear a costume to class day" Although everyone must make sure to stay in the Honor Code and there are to be no masks. I am not sure if I am dressing up or not.

We had Ward Conference which was really fun. The Stake President and my awesome bishop, Bishop Olsen, spoke. I loved it. Bishop Olsen is awesome. He makes me cry all of the time, not in a bad way it's just that he cries all of the time which makes me cry.

I have a calling as Family genealogy co chair. I haven't started my duties yet because we need a "special computer".

I am going to two Institute classes. Book of Mormon and New Testament. I love my classes and the teachers. Elder Cochran teaches BOM and I love him so much. He is so funny and loves to make us laugh. He graduate BYU Summa Cum Laude. Elder Berrett teaches NT and I love him. He knows everything about everything and he even helps students with their school work.

I have met a lot of interesting people here.

I can not think of anything else so I will leave it here for now.

1 comment:

beth said...

Sounds like you're very busy having a great time and learning. Way to go! My first year of college I wasn't sure about dressing up for halloween - but one of my roomies had a great idea. She got out the paper, scissors, stapler, and markers and we all made ourselves crowns and we were princesses for halloween. It was pretty fun, and easy.
I'm glad you keep us updated. It's great to know how you're doing!