Sunday, October 11, 2009

A "Burdenful" update

As you know a week ago I let you all know that I have decided to pick six topics and live them for a month. This month I chose burdens since my life has been full of them. Well it has been a week and I have finished my first test. I read and applied all of the scriptures on distress, afflictions, burdens, tribulations, oppression, grief, and suffering. I am so excited that I got to do all of them in time.

I have learned a lot in this short week, but I know that I have more to learn. I will share a few scriptures that I liked, learned, and will ponder as I start my new adventure of getting rid of my burdens.

Distress
* What I liked: People, like the King Abaz, continue to sin against Heavenly Father because they are in distress.
*What I learned: The Lord answers us when we are distressed; however, he may not answer us immediately.
*What I am pondering: 2 Corinthians 4:8

Afflictions
*What I liked: When I look to God and are pure in heart, and pray with exceeding faith, he will console me.
*What I learned: Heavenly Father sends afflictions so that I will remember my duties.
*What I am pondering: Mark 4:17; Alma 31:33 and 36:3; D&C 98:3 and 122:7

Burdens
*What I liked: Numbers 11:11-16 meaning Heavenly Father brings people into my life so they can help me with my burdens.
*What I learned: Psalms 55:22( If I cast my burdens upon the Lord my righteousness will not be moved).; Matt. 20:9-13( No one is more righteous than the other).; Acts 15:28 (burdens are necessary).
*What I am pondering: Matt. 11:28-30; Jeremiah 17:21; Mosiah 24:21

Tribulations
*What I liked: Deuteronomy 4:30(Listen to the Lord when I am going through trials).; Judges 10:14 (I can not be delivered out of my tribulations by other gods, only the true God).
*What I learned: Acts 14:22; 2Cor. 1:4
*What I am pondering: D&C 58:4

Oppression
*What I liked: D&C 109:67 I will be redeemed from oppression
*What I learned: Prov. 3:31; Psalms 9:9; Isaiah 53:7
*What I am pondering:Isaiah 5:7 and 2 Nephi 15:17

Grief
*What I liked: Eccl. 1:18 (grief comes from wisdom and sorrow comes from knowledge).; 1 Nephi 1:18 (I can pray unto the Lord for other people).
*What I learned: John 21:17; I John 5:3 D&C 103:4
*What I am pondering: Hebrews 12:11; D&C 63:55

Suffering
*What I liked: Psalms 101:5-7( Those who are faithful will dwell with God).; Matt. 19:14 (The kingdom of heaven is full of children).; Hebrews 2:18 (Because Jesus Christ knows what it is like to be tempted, he can help me through my temptations).; D&C 18:11 (Jesus Christ died so I can repent and come unto him). and 109:76 (For all of my suffering I will be crowned with glory and honor and gain eternal salvation).
*What I learned: Matt. 3:15; 1 Cor. 12:26; Hebrews 11:25
*What I am pondering: 2 Cor. 1:5-7; and 1 Peter 2:20

As you can see I have learned a lot and have a lot to ponder in order to learn more about myself and what to do to get rid of all the burdens I am carrying.

Next week my week's homework is to research talks on burdens and apply them to my life and write how it makes me feel and what I can do about it. I just went on the website and searched talks on burdens and there are over 3, 000. I am going to be swamped this next week; however, I know that it is well worth it.

Sunday I will also be getting my Patriarchal Blessing. I know that it will help a lot.

No comments: