Monday, February 18, 2013

Training, Splits/Exchanges, and Studies

This week has been a week of learning. Tuesday we had zone training and we got to be trained on the mission rules and changes to the mission. We are no longer having Departing Missionary Firesides (which honestly I am happy about because I do not want to get up in front of people and tell them about all of the things that I have learned).
On Thursday/ Friday we had exchanges with other missionaries. Sister Crockett came with me and it was wonderful. I learned so much from her. She is such a go-getter. She does not mind literally talking to EVERYONE. She is great at relating to others, she can always find things in common with them. It was wonderful. We saw so much success and met three potentials (one of which was a man named Steven who said that he is looking for more than a religion but a community of believers). We invited him to church… and he came! Saturday was wonderful. We went on splits with two Laurels in the ward and we saw so much success. We found 5 potential investigators. And in the end Sister Knutti said now she feels like she wants to go on a mission. It boosted my faith by so much. Sister Knutti is awesome. I have become better at change.
This week I have been studying the article: “Stand by My Servant Joseph” from the current church Ensign and it has been eye opening. I need to have more than just a testimony of the Restoration but I must be loyal, I must live up to my testimony. I do not want my investigators to just have a testimony of the gospel but they must be fully converted to the gospel.
 I have also been studying the New Testament using the Seminary Guide and I came across this quote while studying Matthew 14:
“It is my firm belief that if as individual people, as families, communities, and nations we could, like Peter, fix our eyes on Jesus, we too might walk triumphantly over the swelling waves of disbelief and remain unterrified amid the rising winds of doubt. But if we turn away our eyes from him in whom we must believe, as it is so easy to do and the world is so much tempted to do, if we look to the power and fury of those terrible and destructive elements around us rather than to him who can help and save us, then we shall inevitable sink in a sea of conflict and sorrow and despair. At such times when we feel the floods are threatening to drown us and the deep is going to swallow up the tossed vessel of our faith, I pray we may always hear amid the storm and darkness that sweet utterance of the Savior of the world: ‘Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid’ (Matthew 14:27)”- President Howard W. Hunter
Love,
Sister Diamond Evans
Matthew 14:24-27

No comments: