Monday, February 25, 2013

New Investigators, Less-actives, and Scriptures

This week we found two awesome investigators! They are great and they are really searching for the truth. We met both of them through tracting and one is a former investigator from a different area.
On Sunday we had a great lesson with a less-active family that we teach each week. Brother Payne said something great. We were reading in 2 Nephi 31. We talked about all of the verses in that chapter that says “follow me” and what it means to follow Christ in conjunction with “enduring to the end.” Brother Payne said that we are not just following Christ. It is not about following Christ. It is following Christ so that WE CAN return to God. It was really powerful. Christ is not the end result. We do not want to just stop at following Him. We want to get to God and He is the WAY to do so.
We had a lesson with an investigator Eric and it was awful. He said that he does not believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet. He had been studying a ton of anti-Mormon literature. It was so sad to see.
This morning, the binding to my scriptures broke and my poor scriptures ripped and fell out. So sad. I am ordering new scriptures today. At least it happened on preparation day so that I can order them today! So many things are going wrong the past few weeks.
In my studies I have been focusing on the basics in teaching. I am learning how to teach simply, clearly, and effectively. I have also been studying a lot on the Atonement and Condescension of Jesus Christ.
Love,
Sister Diamond Evans
2 Nephi 31:10

No comments: