Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Things that I Have Learned from Sister Hansen

With the transfer nearing on Thursday here are some things that I have learned from Sister Hansen:

1.       Missionary work is work but you can have fun while you’re doing it! She loves to laugh and it just helps so much.  I have been trying to incorporate that into my work mostly when tracting. As you know we get a lot of rejection so I try not to think that they are rejecting me as a person but the message.
2.       I have learned how important members are. It has been great. This week Sister Hansen came up with the bright idea to text members’ email addresses and it worked. It led us to getting 17 member visits! We have yet to get referrals but it is wonderful to know that you have 17 families praying for us to help them in some way.
3.       I learned from her ALL rules are important. She struggled with that at first; however, she would ask me questions regarding them. I would then look them up and study them more and it helped me to get a renewed desire to follow all of them. Some of the rules are super difficult; however, I learned some of the why’s of doing them and others I just do to be obedient. It has really helped me.
4.       I have learned that the Spirit is ALWAYS the teacher not just sometimes. She is so great at following the Spirit and it has taught me the importance of following. It helps me to always be looking for the promptings of the Spirit and many wonderful things have happened as a result.
5.       I have learned how to lead when I need to and how to follow when I need to. Sister Hansen is a natural dominant personality so it has been great to watch her bloom and it has led to many spiritual lessons. It has also taught me how to truly lead. She looks to me for help and KNOWS that I will always have her back no matter what. That really means a lot to me. I have always wanted to be the person that everyone can count on and it has been great to see her ask me for help when she doesn’t know what to do.
6.       I have learned from her the art of calling when I am running behind, even if it is just a few minutes. No one ever does that in my family. It is always: “I will get there when I get there.” So with her it was a change and it really has been great because many people have told us how they love it when we call and say that we are running behind even if we get there at 3:02 instead of 3:00. I love it and will take that with me.

No comments: