Monday, June 3, 2013

Transferred, New Mission, Training

I have been transferred back to the Aquia Ward in the Fredericksburg zone! This means that as of July 1stI will be in the Richmond Virginia Mission. I am finishing training Sister Silva. She is awesome. She is from Orem Utah and loves to laugh.
This week has been really weird. Going back to an old area is kind of fun and kind of sad at the same time. It was so wonderful seeing my recent converts grow and become better. Ana Franco is so great. She came to church and was just so outgoing, which was not her normal personality when I was here, and she bore her testimony in Relief Society. I am so proud of her she is truly becoming the daughter of God that Heavenly Father sees in her. I also had a lesson with the Contreras family (they were a less-active family and I taught Bella and she was baptized) and it was so fun to see all of them active again! It was also great to see a less-active family that we worked with become fully active and the wife, Sister Hodge, is going to the temple and her son, Aiden, is getting baptized in two weeks! It was sad; though, to go through the area book and see that some of my investigators have dropped.
I love Sister Silva so much! She is so funny; we laugh all of the time and get work done. It has been so amazing. I have been so blessed with my companions. It is sad though to know that I am the ‘oldest’ sister going to the Richmond Mission from our mission. Everyone either goes home with me, Hermana Storts, or goes home a transfer after me, Hermana Williams, or goes home the transfer later, Sister Russell my 5th companion, or goes home in 16 months! I am happy though that three of MTC zone missionaries are coming with me: Elders Bennett, McGoffin, and Pedrazza. I am so excited to see the adventures that will be coming my way.
Since I am finishing training Sister Silva I have been studying a lot about teaching skills and how to work in unity. It is a challenge coming from different areas where you teach one way and going to a new area. It is fun though working together. I love it! I am so excited to continue gaining new experiences.
Love,
Sister Diamond Evans
3 Nephi 28:29

No comments: