Monday, June 24, 2013

Exchanges, New Investigator, and Miracle Dinner

This week has been such a great week! I went on exchanges on Tuesday with a Sister Training Leader (another Sister Missionary- kind of like a zone leader but without the Priesthood) Sister Hansen (there are like a bizillion Sister Hansens floating around the mission). She trained me on so many things and was a really great help for some concerns that I have had. We had so many miracles happen together! We got a new investigator who is married to a less-active member. Mr. Montalvo is like fantastic. He is practically a member. She and I were very bold with him and he "respects" that. I love him so much and I hope that he will understand the Book of Mormon (his "only" hang up). It is going to be amazing on Tuesday when we have our next lesson with him.

On Thursday we received another new investigator who is also a man married to a less-active member. We felt prompted to bring the Marshall's over and it was perfect because they have ALOT in common and helped him to be relaxed. He is a very logical thinker. I do everything based off of my feelings and I "feel" things when I gain a testimony. He does everything logically so it needs to "make since" to him logically. Brother and Sister Marshall got to really help him understand things logically. They bore such amazing testimonly to him to the point that he truly wants to know if this is all true. I am so excited for our next lesson with him.

On Thursday we had a miracle dinner with our investigator Trisha. On last Saturday her and her son, Joey who is 13, came to the baptism of Aiden McCurdy. On Thursday during our lesson Joey said that he had a miracle with the Holy Ghost. He said that during the baptism program Sister Hodge taught about the Holy Ghost and how it warned her of danger. He said that he didn't believe her but on the following Monday he decided that he wanted a Bible to study so Trisha bought him one. Joey said that the next day he said that "read 1 corinthians 13:13" kept going in his head. He asked his mom if Corintians was in the Bible and she said yes and he told her about what was happening. She told him that it was the Holy Ghost prompting him so he better check it out. He read it to her and then asked why that particular scripture Heavenly Father wanted him to read. She asked him what was bothering him that the Holy Ghost would want to tell him that and he told her about the baptismal talk. Trisha told him: "Maybe it is because God wanted you to know that he loves all of his children and does not want anything bad to happen to us. He loved Sister Hodge and needed to warn her of danger." and Joey said: "He loved me to tell me that." It was so wonderful. He then said that he wants to get baptized into Aiden' church! We have been praying really hard for her family because the only thing that is stopping her from getting baptized is her husband. Maybe Joey wanting to get baptized will soften his heart. Heavenly Father is so great!

A less-active that we have been working really hard with, Sister Castillo, came to church! She only stayed for sacrament but it was so great to reap the benefits of our labor. I really hope that she will come into full activity with the church. Her husband is not a member, theme of Aquia, and we haven't met him yet. We hope to meet him this upcoming week and really get into their home and teach all of them. She is so wonderful. The Lord is ready for them to come back.

The Broadcast yesterday was so amazing! Afterwards our ward mission leader, Brother Marshall, called us and said: "okay Sisters you are getting my A game." Brother Marshall is truly the BEST Ward Mission Leader of all time. He does EVERYTHING that President Riggs has asked of him without question and without guile. I love him so much. He has been a great source of strength. I trust him so much. The Broadcast was the icing on the cake. Our Bishop is also fantastic and has a mind for missionary work, Bishop Johnston, and they are on fire. Brother Marshall said that we need to get the rest of the ward council on our side. It is tough because our Young Women and High Priest Group Leader do not have minds for missionary work but Brother Marshall said either they will catch the "missionary tsunami (what President Riggs changed it to) or they will drown. This week we will be focussing on getting the ward council on board with missionary work.

Spiritual thought:

This week I have been focussing a lot on what Elder Ritchie told us in Launching Leaders. He said that we must not stop being a missionary when we leave. We cannot fail the test now! It was so wonderful I wish that he will come with us when we transition to the Richmond Mission. He has really helped me so much. I do not ever want to stop being a missionary. It really was life changing.
Words of Wisdom from Elder Ritchie:

Ask the new mission president (or spouse): What do you need me to do and then do it!
Make myself indespensible meaning be the missionary that the mission president can trust to be put into any area.
Do not settle for less than who I am and expect to be more.
Be the missionary that President Wilson AND President Riggs needs. Be the person that God needs.
Practice Perfection and repentance.
(Mission) change is just a new beginning.
Heavenly Father KNOWS my potential, satan SEES my potential.
I have to want to BE really bad and then be willing to sacrifice for it.

Sincerely,
Sister Diamond Evans

Psalms 8:3-4
We are EVERYTHING

P.S.

I forgot to let you all know that as of June 27th I will be in the Richmond Virginia Mission. The mission office in Richmond is not allowed to forward mail so all mail must be sent directly to the missionary. My current address is:

6 Davenport Dr.
Apartment 104
Stafford, VA 22554

However, do not send anything the week of July 18th because that is transfer week and one of us will be transferred.

I love you all so much!

No comments: