Monday, June 17, 2013

Life in Aquia

This week has been an adventurous week. We had the opportunity to have one of our investigators Aiden McCurdy baptized. He is the nine year old son of a less-active family that I began teaching when I first came to Aquia in October. It was so fun to finally close the book there. I love them so much! I got to go to the temple with his mother on Friday. She hadn't been active in over seven years and her and her husband finally decided that they needed to come back to church for their children. On Saturday during his baptism, Aiden had to be dunked twice. His grandfather came all the way from California to baptize him. He said "commission by" instead of "commissioned of." I was the one who caught it. Good thing we read the White Handbook everyday for me to have noticed it.
We also had a really great lesson with an investigator name Trisha. She is so wonderfu. She said that she now knows that this is Christ's restored church. She would get baptized any day; however, her husband has threatened to divorce her if she is baptized. We set-up a dinner with her family on Thursday so maybe he will change his mind once her continuesl to get to know us and learn that we are not crazy people who are trying to steal her away from him.
Spiritually I have been studying about the Christlike attributes found in Preach My Gospel. It has  been so fun to see these qualities and strive to accomplish them in my life.
My previous companion, Sister Jacqui Patten is living her for the summer! It was so weird to see her not as a missionary. She is doing so good. She is living with members of the ward, the Hurlburts.  
Sorry it's so short but that's all for this week.
Love,
Sister Diamond Evans
Alma 56: 45-48, Alma 57:21

No comments: