Monday, December 22, 2008

the greatest memories

Yesterday a guy at my church got baptized. It was so much fun watching him get baptized. It was the first time I got to see someone get baptized. I was the last one at the church to get baptized before him so I never got to see anyone. When I entered the church I could just feel how anxious I was when I got baptized. It was so peculiar to me until I told my friend Damoni. She told me that she felt the same way when she saw her first baptism after being baptized.
It was like I could smell all of the smells that I overlooked before I got baptized; like the food and the different aromas of the people there. I could feel the water being cold and my clothes tightening as I bent down into the water. I could see Brother Hilton and the little children's' face right before I went under.
I was so proud of Adrian and was so happy that he decided to share it with us. I didn't get to talk to him very long, but I could tell that he was happy and nervous that he made the choice to get baptized.
I hope that I never forget the day I got baptized, because those memories are the greatest.

2 comments:

beth said...

I remember the day you got baptized much better than the day I got baptized - of course it's easier to remember a few months ago than a couple of decades ago. What a special thing - I hope you never forget it.

Diamond Evans said...

me either.