Saturday, December 27, 2008

My hectic Christmas













It all started Christmas eve. My mother got me up at 11pm to start making the food for Christmas. I had only been asleep for an hour. We didn't have that much to cook seeing as we could only afford a little food. But my mom insisted that we should start cooking the food then. Because we eat Christmas dinner for lunch a 1pm. So we were up until 4am cooking and cleaning.





My nieces woke us up at 6 am to open their presents. It was fun seeing them open them, however my youngest niece threw a tantrum because she only got half of what she wanted. She did not get any Hannah Montana things. She did get the doll and stroller she wanted and many other things. But she was so unhappy with not getting any Hannah Montana, so we had to suffer 2hours of her crying.





But my nephew was a gem. He opened all of his presents and was only enthused by a learning computer. We were unable to buy him the car he can get in and drive because it cost $400 and my sister got a $200 ticket that we had to pay because it was overdue. So we got him another car that sings and dances. However, he was so terrified of it that he refused to be near it. He cried and pushed it away from him. He was so cute though. He would just stare at it. Today was the first time he played with it, but that was only because my dad got down on the floor with him and sung with the car.





My oldest niece loved all of her presents and was really appreciative. I didn't get anything my dad said that he will give me the money I need to go to California next month and I am okay with that because I know a lot happened this month to make my dad hard of money. He didn't get any of the jobs he was waiting on. However, I was a little upset when I didn't get the personal CD player I asked my uncle to buy me. It only costs approx. $20.





Then we noticed that my sister had taken the pot we were to make the dressing and turkey parts in. I told my sister to give us the pot and she told me that her turkey and dressing was in the pot. My dad had to go to five stores until we got a new pot which put us 3hours behind schedule.





However that wasn't all. Someone used our canned cheddar cheese for the macaroni and cheese. We went to 5 stores and everyone was out. Me and my mom was so upset. I couldn't believe someone would use it and not let us know. If they had told us the day before I am sure we would have found some. Most grocery stores were closed because it was Christmas.





The elders came over at 2pm when we had just finished cooking everything. They stayed over for about 10minutes. It was fun taking to them.





But the drama wasn't over. Everyone was grumpy and pouting. The only one who was not grumpy was my little nephew. It all made me so angry. We were suppose to be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus wasn't born grumpy and neither should we. People started arguing over nothing. My nephew got upset because he didn't got only $50 and nothing else. He got the $50 two days before and he thought my mom gave it to him to buy people stuff for Christmas, which is what I thought too. But my mom said that was his Christmas gift. So he bought people stuff and not himself and was angry. Even though I couldn't blame him it still made me mad because I wanted everyone to be happy. I did get anything not even $50 and I didn't pout, okay maybe a little.





I think we are the only family who can turn Christmas into a drama packed day. O well. Maybe next Christmas will be better. P.S. thank you to everyone who bought my nieces anything and to Hallie for buying me a coat I really needed it. even if I don't say so. Sometimes I am to proud for my own good. Also here are some pics of my nephew with the Christmas tree and him opening his presents.

No comments: