Monday, December 15, 2008

The lullaby in me

This past week has been pretty chaotic. I babysat twice this week and it was so fun. I missed it so much. I hadn't babysat in over 4months. So babysitting on two different days was so much fun. The children were awesome.
Tuesday though was pretty tough. I had some problems with my family and how they felt about my church. They didn't believe that you can have faith in a church the way I did. I spent the next couple of days proving to myself that the way I felt for the church is right. But I ended up forgetting about going church Tuesday and some funny things happened while I was gone so I was a little sad.
Thursday we had a dinner for the missionaries at the church. It was so funny. we had Mexican food and it was very spicy. One of the Young men was dared to eat this spicy hot sauce named After Death Sauce. He did and it was so hot it felt like it burned your intestine. One of the Young men leaders ate it and he said it was not hot at all. It was too hot for me and I only had a drop. Afterwards the young people there treated me like I was invisible. So I was upset at that. Sometimes the people there can be childish. Its like everyone started avoiding me. I felt so bad for myself.
The Young women and men had planned on singing at our Christmas party at the church Saturday but only me and Jacob, a young man at the church, ended up doing it. It was so much fun. I was a little scared getting up there and singing in front of the church, but it turned out great. I love Jacob he is so cool. However, some of the young women didn't like it and were upset with me. They didn't tell me to my face, but they didn't have to, they just didn't involve me with anything.
The next day, Sunday, I had to speak on Living By Faith. Everyone said that I did an awesome job. I hope I did because I was so nervous. However, the same young women weren't impressed because they seemed more angry than the day before. It's like I am the new girl so they do not feel I should be as involved as I am. I am only speculating. But I had no choice in the talk and the singing they were suppose to do with us they were the ones who decided not to do it. Sometimes they make me feel like an outsider. People can be so childish.
However the church can also be a Godsend. My nieces would have only had the things my sister old church gave if it wasn't for the people at my church getting them some things. I am so happy because I was worrying about them having somethings for Christmas. Don't get me wrong I am happy that the other church gave them some things. I really appreciate everyone going through the trouble for them.
Today I am going to hangout with a Young women from the church, Damoni, she and I are alike. We both have chaotic families and are both taking care of someone. I am taking care of my nieces and nephew and she is taking care of her brother. We both love poetry and reading. She is so nice and her and Jacob are the only young people at the church that I really like and who like me.
At home: my family came to my talk on Sunday and on Saturday at the Christmas Party my oldest sister came. My other sister has another dog upstairs that she is not taking care of. My mother back is hurting really bad. My nephew has problems with seeing people leave out of the house. He cried for 30minutes when I left to go to the store. He does that everyday now. My young niece that lives with me has a terrible attitude. She doesn't listen to me and will just scream she wants her mom when I tell her to do something. My dad two friends whom are living with us are getting on my nerves. Isabel gets angry when someone who doesn't live on our floor gets something to eat out of the refrigerator. Then she whines about little things it gets so annoying. My family now refuses to have family night on Mondays. My nephew now is acting like my sister with my phone. They all refuse to believe that it is my phone so now I am going to have to take it and not let anyone see it. Then they do not want to do anything fun for Christmas. I want us to make cookies and things like that but they don't. They make it so hard to get in the Christmas mood. It makes me so angry and sad. But whatever. A friend told me that shadows come and go but the sun is always here even when I don't see it.
So that has all been my chaotic week. I can't wait to see what this week holds.

2 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

I have lots of ingredients to make treats. Come help me since I have a cold. Call me!

Diamond Evans said...

Ok I will. Thanx you are the best!