Friday, February 20, 2009

The Cold, The GED, and The Hospital

The COLD

On Tuesday I kissed my nephew after finding out that he had been gone for a week up under my nose. I hadn't seen him but I just figured my sister was mad at my mom and decided not to bring him down. So I kissed him and told him that I missed him. Two hours later I started sneezing and coughing. I realized every time my nephew spends the night at someone house he always gets sick. So now I am sick, but the bad thing about it is that when I get sick I am unable to get rid of it. The longest time I have had a cold (a regular cold not the flu) is 8 months and the shortest time is 5 months. The doctor told me that I do not have a good immune system.

The GED

Also on Tuesday when I took my nephew upstairs after he declared that he wanted to go home, I noticed the mail on the stairs. I picked it up and handed it to my mom. She said that I got 2 letters and one was from the GED center. I opened up the letter and after reading it I saw that I passed! My average score was 574 that is 226 points under 800. I am average, but that is great considering I never passed the 8TH grade. I got a 700 in Reading, a 500 in Writing, a 550 in Science and Math, and a 570 in Social Studies. I scored at least 20 points hire in the actual test than in the practice test. Thank you Mike for tutoring me and preparing me for this. Thank you Hallie for allowing me to take Mike away from you and Landon. Also, thank you to everyone who gave me encouragement. It meant a lot to me.

The Hospital

Today at 8am I got in the shower to get ready for my day of babysitting for Mike and Hallie. As I was washing I notice that my arm smelt funny ( I know not the best thing to say), so I looked at my armpit. And to my astonishment I had a whole in it and I could see my tissue ( a little too graphic ). I went to the hospital and the doctor told me that when they drained my abscess the skin did not heal and they told me that I should go to the clinic and be tested for HIV if I was sexually active or using needle drugs (which I am not) and that they will test my for diabetes. They tested me and said that I am a borderline diabetic and I should go to my doctor and begin a diet. I have no problem with this, unfortunately my parents prepare the meals and I eat what they make. I can not wait to get a job so that I can take care of myself.

Oh well life goes on.

1 comment:

beth said...

Congrats on the GED! I'm really happy for you! Sorry about the cold and the hospital though - that stinks.