Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Land of Promise

As I was walking, I noticed big trees with a small opening. It was calling my name so I had no choice but to enter. The leaves on the trees were brown and the place looked deserted. It seemed so forgotten.
As I came out of the forest of dying trees, I looked up to see the sky, so beautiful and serene. This place smelled of fresh rain and sorrow. I stood there, amazed at its beauty and quietness.
Until I saw a beam of light under a tree. I walked over and felt the wet tough leaves. Then I walked down the path and held on to the dark cold rail. I saw a rainbow come out of the sky.
I ran for what seemed like hours and finally stopped. I was stunned speechless. It was a pool or a lake, trying to decide which one it was, I walked around it at least five times and I still can not say. It had the reflection of the forgotten land in it. The clouds were dancing and everything looked bigger than it was. I wanted to stay forever.
I sat on the warm ground and stared at my reflection. The water was warm and asking for me to come in. but I didn't want to disturb it. However, I put my hand in and just tried to take it all in.
but before I knew it, sadly it was getting dark. I had to leave this magical place. I am so sorry to go land of promise. One day I will come back and the sun will be shining and you will be waiting for me to enter again.

No comments: