Friday, August 21, 2009

The party and the leaving

In case you haven't heard tomorrow is my going away/birthday party. I am excited about it, not the party but the going away. I can not wait to be there. Somewhere different where I don't know anyone. It will be a big change but well worth it.
I have been stressed so much about other things that I haven't had time to worry about college. I look forward to it. I am so ready to be gone that I feel like 5 days can not get hear fast enough.
My parents are driving me straight there only stops are for gas and rest rooms (yeah right). I am glad that they are driving me. I guess it's the goodbye part that I need.
My middle sister has been getting on my nerves. She refuses to make the potato salad and she said she will not come, because I should stay here. My brother said he is coming but I doubt it, the only way he will come to Michigan is if my mom is dying so I have at least 30-50 years before I see him. My oldest sister has been here. I am going to ask her to bring her awesome baked bbq chicken. She only makes it on special occasions and I figure this is one.
My parents have been good sports so far, but I know the tears will be shed as I turn around and head for my dorm.
It's a new life I am embracing well.

2 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

I am sorry we missed the party. I hope everything turned out and that you had a great time! I'm so excited for you!

beth said...

OH NO! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to your party, and I meant to talk to you at church Sunday but I forgot with branch conference going on. SHOOT! Well, good luck anyway. You'll do great!