Thursday, August 6, 2009

SVU mode

I only have a two weeks before I am a Virginian (I hope that is right). So I am so excited. Today me and my mom did a little bit more shopping. We still have more to do though. I looked at my almost official class schedule: I have until the day I actually go to class before they call it official. I talked to Jacqueline who told me that the church is willing to pay for the books for the first semester. I also learned where my dorm is, but not who my roommates are yet. My parents calculated how much it will cost to rent a car and drive me down there ( a pretty penny I might add) We talked to a few car rental places and decided on Hertz (thanks Hallie). I called and cancelled my train ticket (they gave me a full refund and apologized for not telling me that there is no checked luggage to Virginia). I made my almost complete 72 hour kit (just missing the first aid kit). And realized that my mom didn't schedule a time to get a copy of my immunization record so we have to pick it up Monday. I also have to find out where I put my birth certificate and ssn (which is why my mom said that I am not leaving her house until I clean up my room).

She finally told me about the secret going away party she is throwing me. Actually she overheard me inviting Jacqueline. To all my branch friends you are invited. It is at my house on Sat. Aug. 22 at 4pm. Send me a message for the address, my phone is broken. And please bring something to share. Dinner will be my favorite: Spaghetti, turkey and dressing. (I know weird combination, but it is my favorite). We also will l have cake and ice cream. Running out of time. So bye for now.

2 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

Yeah! I am coming and I need to figure out what to bring. Oh the choices!

The Kalcichs said...

Diamond, call me! I left a message on your cell phone, but I guess it's not working! I would love to take you shopping and help you get the last of the stuff that you need! Get my number from Hallie if you don't already have it. I'm so proud of you!