Monday, August 31, 2009

A quick update before classes

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 19. It was great. during lunch everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and another girl.
But let me tell you everything that happened before then.
Thursday we arrived around 9am and after checking in (and getting these cool hotel key card for my room) I began getting ready. I met my awesome roommate Kaili and her parents. We had awesome activities like orientation group where we met other freshmen and just hung out an did fun stuff, like play fuzzy bunny. It was awesome. We even had a stop light dance (where you wore those colors to describe your dating life). I can not remember all of the things that we have done these past few days but it has been awesome. I love it here.
I have another friend Kaile and she is awesome. The three of us have so much fun together and the guys here are HOT and smart.
I have learned so much about myself in the past few days.
I have awesome Resident Directors and an even more awesome Orientation leader (Kara). They have been helping me so much.
Because Pre Med is not actually a major I can major in Business and do pre med classes. I will not actually start my business classes until next semester, but I am very excited.

I met awesome people and met my academic advisors. We did a game to find out where everything is.
Our dorm (which is made like an upscale hotel) is on this huge hill and we have to go up and down 4 flights of stairs to get to campus, which is horrible but fun.
Anyway that is all for now. I do not want to be late for my first class. French.
Schedule: bio, french, volleyball, english, and western lit.

4 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

Have a blast. Glad to hear you made it and you are having fun.

Diamond Evans said...

I will be adding to this blog post soon to tell you more cool details. And there are losts of black students here. Of course most of them are football players and are not members, but they are here.

The Kalcichs said...

Hooray! I'm so glad things are going well. Live it up and have a blast!

beth said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you made it and are having a great time. Enjoy yourself!