Saturday, August 1, 2009

I can not be more happy

Yesterday I realized that today was the last day to pay the housing deposit for college. I thought, "My dad doesn't get paid until tomorrow and the library will be closed. And what if he doesn't have enough to pay it" I was so scared. I talked to my dad and he assured me he would have the money and also a friend of his told him that there was a discount if we bought the train tickets tomorrow as well. I asked Hallie if I could come over, and being the nice person that she is, she said of course. I paid the housing deposit and train ticket.

Yesterday I also found out that because my parents have "HORRIBLE!!!" credit I was unable to get the parent plus loan. However, after talking to Chrystal (my admissions counselor) she and her boss nominated me for two grants worth $4000 and added another $4000 to a loan I was eligible for. I was so happy and relieved.

My god mother came into town and my mom told her about the trouble I was having getting the things for my dorm and she gave me $40 and I was able to get some stuff. I am hoping my dad will be able to get a job and help me buy the other things that I need.

Today as me and my dad were coming home, we passed the library and it was open. So I just had to let you all know the good news.

1 comment:

Hallie Owens said...

I am glad it all seems to be working out for you. That makes me happy too.